THE FOREIGN LANGUAGES FORUM - FREE TO ATTEND CONFERENCE FOR TEACHERS AND LANGUAGE SCHOOL OWNERS
Two days of inspirational and innovative content for educators of all levels!
The Educational Services mini-Forum informs FLS owners about educational programmes that are meant to be adopted by FL Schools.Learn More
The Continuing Professional Development mini-Forum explores development and learning opportunities for ELT teachers.Learn More
2022 ELT Excellence Award winners talk about their winning projects and share insights that can inspire action in FL schools.Learn More
The panel discussion on ‘Teacher well-being’ features an expert-led discussion on teacher burn-out, depression, phobias, anxiety etc.Learn More
Teacher Trainers & Educators answer the most popular & burning questions teachers discuss on social mediaLearn More
Terms of participation
The prizes are sponsored by:
Covid and Hygiene Protocols
There are no COVID restrictions and face masks are not obligatory. However, we encourage everyone to respect others and make the book exhibition area a safe environment.
Teacher well-being panel discussion
“We all have stories to tell”
The panel discussion on ‘Teacher well-being’ features an expert-led discussion on teacher burn-out, depression, phobias, anxiety etc. The COVID-19 pandemic has triggered a 25% increase in anxiety and depression worldwide.
Teacher well-being Panel Discussion
COVID-19 has affected daily life in unprecedented ways. The mental health impacts have tightened the link between lifestyle behaviours and depression.
During the pandemic, time spent socializing declined to less than 30 minutes, and screen time more than doubled to over 5 hours per day. The proportion of people at risk for clinical depression increased.
The COVID-19 pandemic also presented other unique challenges. Being ‘locked in’ with family members stressed families leading to parent and child mental health problems and couple conflict, among others.
Cliff Parry, who fights depression will share his story!
Continuing Professional Development mini-Forum
The Continuing Professional Development mini-Forum explores development and learning opportunities for ELT teachers. Teacher Training Centres, Colleges, University departments, Schools of Translation, EL Exams administration agencies that hire and train oral examiners, markers and invigilators, and similar institutions will be at the exhibition area to help you choose the ideal option for your professional development..
Educational Services mini-Forum
The Educational Services mini-Forum informs FLS owners about educational programmes that are meant to be adopted by FL Schools.
2022 ELT Excellence Award winners
2022 ELT Excellence Award winners talk about their winning projects and share insights that can inspire action in FL schools.
The social panel discussion
Teacher groups on social media are inundated with questions like:
1. Which coursebook do you recommend for a B1 Level student?
2. During the lockdown, teachers and students often felt they were overexposed to technology. Returning to a face-to-face teaching practice, a question often posed by teachers is: "How much technology should I use in my lessons? How many tools and for how long"
3. Parents often feel that they need to have a say on how the lesson is structured and they often intervene causing numerous problems. How can teachers prevent and deal effectively with such issues?
4. Parents want their child to take a C2 Level exam six months after taking a B2 Level exam. How do you deal with this issue?
5. Which language exam is easier to pass? I have students who refuse to study; however, they want a ‘πτυχίο’.
6. How do the X, Y, Z exams institutions mark candidates’ writing tasks?